5-INGREDIENT GRANOLA BARS (GLUTEN FREE + VEGAN)
- 1 Packed Cup Of Dates (Really Cram Them In There!), Pitted
- ¼ Cup Pure Maple Syrup, Or Honey
- ¼ Cup Creamy Natural Peanut Butter Or Almond Butter
- 1-Cup PALEO GRANOLA
- 1 1/2 Cups Forage Porridge
- Optional Additions: Cacao Nibs, Dried Fruit, Nuts, Banana Chips, Vanilla, Etc.
- Begin by soaking dates in a bowl of warm water for a minimum of 10 minutes.
Then, strain and blend these softened dates in a food processor until ALMOST smooth – keep some small chunks just visible but smooth enough that you could mold it with your hands.
- Combine Porridge Flakes, GRANOLA and Dates in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Warm Honey or sweetener and Nut-butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir and pour this gooey goodness a top the Porridge mixture and mix well to combine, ensuring that the sauce and the dates are evenly dispersed throughout the bowl.
- Once thoroughly mixed, transfer into an 8×8-inch baking dish or other small pan lined with plastic wrap or parchment paper so they lift out easily.
- Press down firmly on the mixture until it is evenly flat. You may even like to use a drinking glass to really press down and pack the bars in tightly.
- Cover the pan with parchment or plastic wrap, and let firm up in fridge or freezer for around 15-20 minutes.
- Once firm, remove the bars from pan and chop into 10 even bars or 9 squares – whatever tickles your fancy!
When stored in an airtight container these will last up to 5 days but can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week, or the freezer for later use.