Carrot Cake Breakfast Muffins (PALEO + GLUTEN FREE)
- ¾ Cup Forage Porridge
- ½ Cup Coconut Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- ½ Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- ¼ Tsp Ground Cloves
- ¼ Tsp Nutmeg
- 2 Eggs
- ½ Cup Honey
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- ¼ Cup Coconut Milk
- 2 Tbs Coconut Oil (Melted)
- 1 Mashed Banana
- 1½ Cups Shredded Carrots (About 5 Large)
- Preheat the oven to 350 °C
- Line a 12 Pan Muffin Tray with Cupcake Thins or grease thoroughly with Coconut Oil.
- Grate your carrots; 1 ½ cups of carrot should usually use about 5 large carrots.
Pop these grated carrots into a small bowl and set them aside for now.
- In a clean bowl combine the Forage Porridge, Coconut Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Cinnamon, Salt, Cloves, And Nutmeg with a fork. Now set this mix aside as well – don’t worry we wont forget about them!
- In another fresh bowl (let’s call this bowl number 2) mix the Eggs, Honey, Vanilla, And Coconut Milk with an electric mixer until well combined. Add the melted Coconut Oil to the bowl and mix again until well blended.
Then add the Mashed Banana to the bowl and mix AGAIN with the electric mixer until well blended.
- Next, combine the two bowls together and blend – that’s right – AGAIN until well mixed!
- Finally fold in the Shredded Carrots until evenly dispersed through the dough mixture and spoon equal cupcake size portions into the tray, keeping in mind that the batter will rise!
- Bake these for 30 minutes and be sure to switch the direction of the tray around half way through the cooking time to ensure a perfect golden toast to all of your muffins!