Forage Bircher Muesli
- 1Kg bag of Forage Bircher mix
- 600g of FiveAM natural or Vanilla yoghurt
- 250ml of natural pressed or 100% cloudy apple juice
- 1 banana
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- Thinly slice the banana and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the juice of 1 lemon, ensuring that all slices of the banana are coated in the juice. This will keep your banana nice and yellow over the coming days in the fridge, no brown bits here!
- Add the Forage and 600gm of yoghurt to the bowl, combining all ingredients by folding with a spatula; doing your best not to mash the banana – yes, it’s an art!
- Once combined, add the juice until liquid sits above the surface of the Bircher – the mix should look wet and soggy.
- Cover and leave in the fridge over night.
- Spoon into bowl and serve with fresh or poached fruit, lemon curd or whatever toppings your heart desires – maybe even some Paleo granola for some crunch.
Whether you have been a fan of Choc Orange in the past or not, this Jaffa inspired Bircher Muesli has a richness and citrus zing that is sure to convert even the harshest of critics.
Who hasn’t heard of Pecan Pie around thanksgiving time in America? So to figure out what all the fuss is about, we adapted the flavours of the decadent dessert into a healthy and equally delicious porridge, with nothing but wholefood ingredients.
Who doesn’t love a good Aussie Lamington? The coconut, the chocolate, the raspberry jam, it’s bloody delicious! But if you’ve ever looked at any ‘healthy’ lamington recipes you will see just how complicated it is to recreate these delicious treats in their original form. My solution? Like any great flavour combination, turn it into a porridge recipe!